Checkstr's Ramblings

Not only am I proud to be Canadian...I'm proud to be a Leaf's fan! GO LEAFS GO!!!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

And What A Week It's Been!

Let me start off first by congratulating Pam and Mike on their wedding this past weekend! It was alot of fun and alot of happy faces! Once I get my camera back and the pics downloaded onto my computer, I will post a few of them as soon as I can.

Where to begin??? Well, the tiles in our kitchen and bathroom have finally been fixed! Over two years of living with cracked tiles has come to an end! Although, with the job of ripping up the old tiles and laying new ones down came with a price. Not monetary, as our landlord flipped the bill for it...But, the price of inconvenience. Dust, dirt and major cleanup. And also, not being able to live in our space for 3 nights! You see, when they ripped up the tiles in the washroom, they also disconnected the toilet and had it sitting in the hallway. Which means, no use of bathroom facilities. Could pose a problem when you gotta answer the call of nature. However, with the help of my girlfriend and some friends, I was able to find a place to crash for a couple of nights. Thanks Bren, Cathy and Kirk! You guys rock! But now, the tiling job has been completed (mind you 2 days behind schedule). It looks alright, although I don't quite think that it has been fully completed. As far as I can tell, no sealant has been added to the tiles. This could pose a few problems a couple of years down the road....But it ain't my problem! As long as they don't crack or come apart while I'm living here, it's okay by me!

Next on my list...The minor fender bender last Wednesday morning...I swear, the Sentra has a big target sign attached to it. Doing ZERO kilometers an hour, some dude merged into me trying to avoid firetrucks going the other way. Good times! Not! He also left me with incomplete information...Hmmm, not my problem, I'm going through insurance. I'll let them do all the legwork to track this guy down. I mean honestly, why can't I catch a break with my car. Maybe it's my bad 'CARma' coming back to haunt me...Sorry about that. Oh well, this'll all be fixed by the end of next week.

Lastly, Happy Birthday Ryan! An awesome surprise b-day party last night! Too bad it had to end with punks theiving! Idiots! Aside from that bad portion of the evening, hope you a good time! You even sang karaoke! :) Be cautioned though, you may get addicted :)

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print. Hope you all had a good weekend, and check back soon...Pics of the wedding to follow.

Cheeers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home