Checkstr's Ramblings

Not only am I proud to be Canadian...I'm proud to be a Leaf's fan! GO LEAFS GO!!!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

What Do You Get.....


Wouldn't Want to Swim in This!
Originally uploaded by check17.
When you cross a torrential downpour with an overworked drainage system?

A nature made swimming pool at the bottom of the street. Although, I would not want to swim in it...That's for sure!

The heavy rains from yesterday's storm flooded the bottom of my street and left cars parked on the road covered up to their windowsills in water.

I can't remember a time when I saw rain come down that hard for that long of period. At one point, it was raining so hard that it looked like it was snowing. Others in and around the city were also treated to scenes of tornadic activity. Green clouds in half formed funnel formation. It was a storm that really came out of nowhere and just goes to show you, Mother Nature is a force not to reckon with sometimes.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home