Checkstr's Ramblings

Not only am I proud to be Canadian...I'm proud to be a Leaf's fan! GO LEAFS GO!!!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Runnin' to a Different Beat

So starts the new me...A new era. Enough of this loungin' around the house all night and complaining that I'm out of breath after a short jaunt to the local convenience store. That's right, I'm taking matters into my own hands...I'm getting in to shape, even if it's the last thing I wanna do! My goal...By June 1st, drop 20 pounds. I'm not excessively overweight by any means, but I am (and I quote from my doctor)..."Overweight for my height". Let's review shall we, I weigh a mere 158 pounds and stand at 5'4.5...That's right, "The Five Foot Four and a Half Inch Force!" Now apparently, the normal weight for a male adult at that height should be roughly between 130-140 pounds! Crazy for me to even fathom, but it's true.

So here's the scoop:

5-7 nights a week (definitely no less than 5 nights):

15 minutes on the treadmill
15 minutes weight training (light - I'm not in it to build bulk muscle...Just to keep heart rate going)
10 minutes on the stationary bike
5 minutes Abs workout (crunches and sit-ups)

This totals 45 minutes of quality workout time. Combined with this, a healthier diet (than what I normally eat...Read: Junk food). Fruits, vegetables and you guessed it, more fruits and vegetables...Mixed in with a little protein and bread. However, I just can't say no to beer...My one weakness :)

I will try to keep a running diary on my accomplishments/set-backs from time to time on my blog. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Chewy said…

    Wholly Crap!! I knew when I looked up at the sky and saw the seven horsemen galloping by that the world would never be the same..

    Best o Luck Phil!!!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats great Phil!!

    When you come to Peterborugh for a visit, l'll take you to the local Goodlife.

    Then Hotbellys for ribs!

    Another weakness we both share. :-)

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Checkstr :) said…

    Thanks Chewy! So far, so good!

    Hmmm, all of a sudden I'm cravin' ribs :) Half rack with Jambalaya and Sald please...Mmmmm.

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go Philly!! Although I must say, this whole post made me recall a certain drunken Thursday night involving me trying to convince you to try spinning, a muffin that was made in the year 1657 and a puddle. I'm glad you've changed your mind!

    Good luck my friend!!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Checkstr :) said…

    Hehehe...I remember that night! Wow, that muffin could've so been used as a weapon..lol :)

    Aside from my lapses with beer occasionaly...teehee, things are so far going good with my proposed plan :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home